As you might have seen, in April I started a Homebound Developers Club for Columbus, Ohio. There were about eight other people who showed up, ate, and chatted for a while. Come join us again in Aug for conversation, food, and the chance to get out of the house for a bit. This month it will be August 5th, starting at 11:30 am, at Polaris Mall Food Court. We’ll collect on the northeast corner of the foodcourt — the corner next to the parking lot entrance.
- Are you buying lunch?
- I'm not buying anyone's lunch. That's on your own.
- Why the food court at Polaris?
- Because it's reasonably central (sorry South siders), close enough for me, provides a variety of foods, and I believe the mall has free wifi.
- Do I have to be a developer?
- No! You don't have to work in technology at all. I expect hanging around for a little while with people who all work in technology means most of the conversations will end up there. But working in technology isn't required. You're welcomed to come along and hang out. Besides, it's a public place. All I could do is look at strongly if you just barged in.
- What happens?
- A handful of people come, get some food from the food court, chat about things, and enjoy some company. Pairing has happened before.
- Will this happen every month?
- I will try to make it. Sometimes I won't be able to, but I hope in those cases there will be a collection of other people who are around anyways. Put it on your calendar! I won't be making posts every month.
- Do I have to RSVP?
- Nope! I wouldn't mind hearing from people if they have interest just so I have an idea of who might attend. But that's just so I know to keep an eye out for you in case you need waved down.
- Do I have to be working from home?
- Nope. You're welcomed to come even if you work in a real office.
If you have other questions, reach out to me on Twitter, or leave a comment. I hope to see you there!